By Production Manager Catherine Charlebois
That savoury, crunchy, melt in your mouth flavour? Here’s a healthy alternative to satisfy those late night munchies. Simple, versatile, and with made with basic ingredients, there’s no reason not to try. Meat-eaters, not to worry, these are so packed with flavour, you might not even be able to tell the difference.
Use hot sauce to spice things up or BBQ to tone things down. All ingredients can be changed to make this a vegan or gluten free recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup water or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (or 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and place cauliflower florets in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, water, garlic powder, and salt. If the batter is too thick for your taste, add more water.
- Dip florets into the batter and place on a lined baking tray. The key to crunchiness is to evenly and thinly cover the cauliflower with batter—make sure the batter isn’t too thick.
- Bake cauliflower for 25 minutes. While waiting, melt the butter and mix with hot sauce (aka homemade Buffalo sauce) or use BBQ sauce instead.
- Remove cauliflower and coat with Buffalo sauce and/or BBQ sauce and bake for another
- Serve with ranch dipping sauce and enjoy.